Beijing Foreign Studies University (Beijing)
Li Rongrui (李 荣 睿) has completed her PhD in the English Department of Peking University in 2015. Now she is working on a postdoctoral research on Thomas Pynchon at the English Department of Beijing Foreign Studies University. She has published three peer reviewed papers on Pynchon in the Chinese academic journals:
- 'Spatialization of Time: The Mass Media's Politics of Memory in Thomas Pynchon's Vineland', Contemporary Foreign Literature, 36.3 (2015):13-19.
- 'Cognitive Mapping of the City Space: The Rewrite of the Hard-Boiled Detective Fiction of Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice', ForeignLiteratures, 141.1 (2016):114-123.
- 'The Spatial Illusion of the Spiritual Order in The Crying of Lot 49', Foreign Literature, 262.5 (2016): 50-58.
- "Cognitive Mapping of the City Space: The Rewrite of the Hard-boiled Detective Fiction of Thomas Pynchon’s Inherent Vice" (Paper)
- Scheduled: Hôtel Fleuriau: Tuesday 6 June, from 14:30 to 15:00
This presentation is part of the panel NEW TOPOLOGIES OF THE CITY with Sean Carswell | Bastien Meresse | Li Rongrui and scheduled in the Hôtel Fleuriau: Tuesday 6 June, from 14:00 to 15:30, chaired by Simon de Bourcier.